Baylor Honors Texas Family Businesses for Commitment to Community, Industry, and Employees
Category : Awards/Recognition
Institute for Family Business celebrates Texas Family Businesses
WACO, Texas (Oct. 27, 2015) –The Institute for Family Business at Baylor University will honor the 2015 Texas Family Business of the Year Award winners and finalists at an awards banquet on November 19th at the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation.
The awards program – now in its 26th year – recognizes outstanding family firms who demonstrate a commitment to serve their community, industry and employees.
“The Institute for Family Business and Baylor University is privileged to honor great family businesses for the 26th consecutive year,” said William J. Worthington, director of the Institute for Family Business within the Hankamer School of Business. “The applicant pool provided stunning examples of the impact that firm, family, and faith can have on individuals, businesses, and the communities they serve.”
This year’s winners are:
- Small Family Business of the Year – Renfro Foods, Inc. – Fort Worth
- Medium Family Business of the Year – The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare Facilities – Georgetown
- Large Family Business of the Year – Georgetown Mortgage – Georgetown
- Community Commitment Award –Tranum Auto Group – Temple
- Family Values Award – Ben Franklin Apothecary – Duncanville
- Fastest Growing Award – Ready Seal, Inc. – Lewisville
- Well-Managed Award – Groves Equipment Rental Co., Inc. – Groves
- Founders Award – Freddy’s Auto Glass & Mirror, Inc. – Waco
- Heritage Award – Wylie Flower & Gift – Wylie
- Stewardship Award – High Point Travel Inc. – Dallas
- Young/New Business – Focus Behavioral Associates – Robinson
Finalists for the 2016 awards are:
- Amaral Tellawi, PLLC – Houston
- Financial Management Professionals, Inc. – Austin
- Home Abstract and Title Company – Woodway
- Houston Texas Dental Spa – Houston
- Lewis Public Relations, A Three Box Inc. Company – Dallas
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch – San Antonio
- Son Beverage Company manufacturer of Jell-Craft Products– San Antonio
The Finalists include those companies that ranked so well, they impressed the panel of judges and scored within a fraction of the actual award winners.
Through the Texas Family Business of the Year Awards and other programs such as the Family Business Fall Forum and the Family Business Spring Symposium, the Institute for Family Business continues to fulfill its mission to develop and disseminate information relevant to the health and continuity of family businesses. Visit www.Baylor.edu/business/txfamily/ for more information.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 11 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.
ABOUT HANKAMER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business provides a rigorous academic experience, consisting of classroom and hands-on learning, guided by Christian commitment and a global perspective. Recognized nationally for several programs, including Entrepreneurship and Accounting, the school offers 24 undergraduate and 13 graduate areas of study. Visit www.baylor.edu/business and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/BaylorBusiness.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY BUSINESS
The Institute for Family Business (IFB) is part of the Department of Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation at the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University. The IFB’s mission is to promote the tenets of Firm-Family-Faith on a global scale through transformational education, rigorous scholarship and Christian engagement between family owned businesses and Baylor University. Visit www.baylor.edu/business/familybusiness/ for more information.